Your prospective customers don't care about your self-proclaimed "solutions"
Why adopt an outcome-centric approach?
Let's be clear: your prospective customers don't actually care very much about your self-proclaimed "solutions". They are much more concerned about their quest to achieve better business outcomes.
And their actual buying decision journeys don't bear much resemblance to your neatly-defined linear sales processes, either. They are often complicated, convoluted and likely to end in a decision to stick with the status quo.
Unless, of course, you are able to convince them that you alone can lead them towards the better future they are looking for - and that's the essence of Outcome-Centric Selling (and the subject of this short video)
The key drivers behind Outcome-Centric Selling®
This video offers a more detailed explanation of the three key drivers behind the move to Outcome-Centric Selling®:
- The changing face of B2B buying - and in particular the shift from IT-led to business-led technology buying and the rapid growth in subscription-based consumption
- The growing recognition that traditional "solution selling" sales methodologies are an incomplete and inadequate answer to influencing modern buying behaviour
- The need to establish the widest possible outcome gap between our customer's current situation and the better future we can help them achieve
The key building blocks of Outcome-Centric Selling®
This video goes on to describe the three key building blocks that underpin Outcome-Centric Selling®:
- Crafting customer-specific value stories that answer their four critical questions: why change, why you, why now and who will benefit?
- Making sure that your sales process is carefully aligned with the current phase of each customer's buying decision journey
- Guiding your salespeople in what they need to know and do during each phase of the customer's journey to achieve a meaningful advance
Putting these principles into practice
This video summarises our proven 4-step approach to rapidly putting Outcome-Centric Selling® principles into practice in your sales organisation:
- Assess and evaluate your people, processes and systems and agree priorities for improvement
- Adapt and develop our Outcome-Centric Selling® toolkit to reflect your unique sales environment
- Train your salespeople to adopt Outcome-Centric Selling® into their day-to-day activities
- Reinforce and sustain the initial gains through a programme of continuous improvement
Applying an outcome-centric approach to complex B2B Sales
Our Outcome-Centric Selling® framework enables you to align your marketing, business development, sales and customer success functions around the common goal of convincing customers that you - above any other option they may be considering - are the partner that will ensure they achieve better future outcomes.
To learn more about our distinctively different approach, book a call today
Learn More - Let's Zoom!
Please be sure to select how long you need followed by your local timezone from the dropdown underneath "what time works best" before picking the day and then the time (in 24-hour format) that suits you best...
...or if you prefer to drop me a line, you can reach me at email@example.com